Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Rainy Day In New York City



Yesterday was a rainy day here in Manhattan. In fact, I've come to learn we were under a tornado warning for much of it. Aside from a morning walk to the hardware store, I was able to stay hunkered indoors painting furniture (making this d-i-y campaign nightstand), doing school work, and let's best honest, straight up lounging.

There are times when I'm in doors that I forget I live here. It's not until I walk outside to the a row of brownstones or peer outside my window to the narrow roads that I remember I live in the greatest city in the world. And it is the greatest. Even walking home this morning from the mom & pop hardware store around the corner, I continually thought, "I am in love with this place."





No comments:

Post a Comment