Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Where I Crave To Be Still


This is going to be one of those honest, rambling type of posts.

I love the hustle and bustle of this city. Not a day goes by that I don't find myself saying outloud "I just LOVE New York." The architecture, (most of) the people, the parks, the food, oh my word, the FOOD! It's all here. I've never felt so strongly that I am exactly where I am supposed to be.

People talk about the things that happen in a New York minute and it's so true. Most days I feel like I have lived a week. It can be exciting to see what I've overcome in a day, but this past weekend was the first time that I felt like the floor was speeding up and starting to slip out from under me. Between class, homework, exercise, errands, friends, interviews, dating, and whatever else sneaks into my life on a day-to-day basis, I find myself struggling to find alone time to just "be." Suddenly it's 11:45 p.m. and it's the first time I've had to sit still all day.

I love that I had back-to-back interviews today throughout the city with such interesting people. I love those New York moments I find myself having, dashing to the subway with bagel in hand or interviewing sources at a bustling TriBeCa dance studio. I wouldn't trade this for anything. But I do crave moments of stillness, and I am learning by experience that those don't come in the city that never sleeps unless you earnestly seek them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment