Monday, November 12, 2012

A Weekend in The Rockaways


Warning: You will need a tissue at 4:45.

I was lucky enough to get out to the Rockaways on Sunday morning with several members of my church. We spent the day walking from home to home, doing what the homeowners needed to be done.

During the afternoon, I was working by myself in a basement room. When I had entered the room, the floor wasn't visible at all, as it was covered with soaked drywall, sand, ruined baseboards and more. After a few hours, I had that floor all cleaned up and could see the pebbled tile that was hidden beneath the trash. My heart is still so full of gratitude that I had the opportunity to help. I hope to get back soon.

Above is a video Joshua Brown took during the weekend. Again, I am very, very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment