Monday, November 5, 2012

Back From Sandy

Headed out for a few more Diet Cokes before Sandy hit.

Hi folks.

So we were hit by a hurricane.

While I came out relatively unscathed on the Upper West Side, most of the city wasn't so lucky.

I ventured down to Lower Manhattan the day after Sandy came and went. You can see a few of my photos from the adventure here. From what I understand, Staten Island and portions of Queens are in shambles.

Today, my life returns to (somewhat) normal as I head back into the classroom for the first time in 10 days. For many, however, normal isn't coming back for a long while, if ever.

Yesterday, Mayor Bloomberg said money is most needed in recovery efforts as so many New Yorkers have stepped up with food and clothing donations. Even if it's only a few bucks, it helps. You can donate here.

No comments:

Post a Comment