Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Handmade Ornaments

Photo from here

The New York City streets are lined with Christmas trees. No tree lots here. I'd trade the usual smell of exhaust and garbage for the smell of pine any day! I did a little write up on the BEST handmade ornaments this season has to offer for Gallant & Jones. You can see what I found here

Writing that post and smelling the trees makes me miss having a tree of my own. This is the first Christmas in years that I haven't had one. Somewhere in the attic in Denver is a small collection of ornaments I shared with my ex. I can't wait to iron out the wrinkles in my favorite tree skirt and hang those ornaments once again. I was worried when I packed them away last year that using them again would be too painful. Now? I can't wait. They are, after all, a part of my story. 

2 comments:

  1. oh amy, where do I even start. I have been wanting to sit down and read your blog forever and today for the first time in forever, my 2 year old took a nap and I decided that I was going to do nothing but just cuddle in a warm blanket and read your blog, I love it. I read all the way back to last year and got all caught up on your amazing life, I cannot believe you! You are definitely hands down the bravest person I know, and I have loved reading about this new adventure that is now your life, SO amazing ame. As I read your posts I was so inspired by your words of inspiration and thought as you have written from your heart and real life experiences, opening up to others and offering the lessons you have learned through your trials. The past several months have been particular difficult ones for me as I have battled some serious health problems that has reshaped my life and changed "my plan" for the future and the future of my family. You are such an amazing example to me of embracing the life that you didn't plan and finding joy and beauty in the life that unfolds before you, and allowing it to make you a better person. I am grateful that our paths crossed for the short time they did, and that even now after 7 years (what??) I still consider you one of my dearest friends. I am so happy that you have found a new beginning while being able to make your past a part of your story and who you are, it has truly inspired me to do the same, love you ame!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and the blog I started a few months back to write about my battle with my health is
    www.fightingthefungus.blogspot.com, and let me know if you can't access my personal blog, I may need to update your email :)
    www.mymcbride.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete