Monday, December 3, 2012

How New York City Does The Holidays







Typically, I'm the girl who is playing her Pandora holiday station well before Thanksgiving. This holiday season, however, has been different. WHEN DID THE CHRISTMAS GET HERE?! I have been so busy with school that I haven't been able to pay two seconds of my time to the magic that is the holiday season. Over the past weekend, I was determined to fix this.

I dashed down to Rockefeller Plaza Friday night to meet the boy and gander at the tree, along with hundreds of tourists. Everyone was so thrilled to be there. It was beautiful.

On Saturday night, I went to my church's Christmas concert. Oh. My. Goodness. Seeing that I live in Manhattan, the concert was comprised of Broadway stars, Juilliard-trained vocalists and even Desirae Brown-Luch of The Five Browns, who played Ave Maria with her husband on the violin. I'm not sure church concerts will ever top Saturday night. Magnolia Bakery's hot chocolate preceded the concert, Cafe Lalo followed it. I love New York.

Now it's back into the madness of graduate school. Only two more weeks left in the semester! Oh my gosh. Only two more weeks left in the semester?!?! Cue panic.

1 comment: