Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Coastline beach pics

A light drizzle fell upon the city last night as I walked home from work. It was just enough to make you want to get home, put on your sweats, cook some pasta and snuggle up for the evening. Which is exactly what I did. And while I love that, I'm already missing summer a bit. We didn't make it to the beach nearly as much as we had hoped, so I will have to live vicariously through these stunning pictures by German-based photographer Bernhard Lang.

Bernhard Lang

He captured the colorful photographs high above the Adriatic coastline in Italy, showing rows and rows of seaside resorts’ beach umbrellas.

Bernhard Lang

“The message might be to show the impact of human beings on the natural environment,” Lang said about the photographs. “On the other side, the birds-eye view reveals that we are just small creatures, not as important as we think we are.”

Bernhard Lang

I would love to blow one of these images up and hang it in our apartment to get us through the colder months ahead!

Photos: Bernhard Lang

No comments:

Post a Comment