Monday, September 8, 2014

Jared & George

We have settled into a specific weekend routine this summer. I wake up at the crack of dawn to run for a few hours (marathon training). We meet up at our favorite bagel spot, run errands, then usually settle at home for a nap and maybe hit up a movie later. It's been nice...but we feel like we haven't been taking advantage of all the amazingness our city has to offer.

It was time for a change.

So yes, I still woke up earlier than any sane person should last Saturday and I still ran for miles, and I still hit up our favorite bagel spot for a raisin bagel with walnut tofutti, but then we decided to stop at The Metropolitan Museum of Art to pay George a visit.

"Washington Crossing the Delaware" is breathtaking to see in real life. We stared at it for 10 minutes, then tried peeling ourselves away to go to another exhibit, but I kept coming back to George. It's inspiring...and quite humbling. As we walked away, Jared and I promised one another that we would come see him again soon.

And we of course had to talk a stroll on The Met's rooftop before heading home.



That may be one of my favorite spots in the city.  It feels as if you could dance across the treetops, hopping from one to another. It's magical.

(Here are a few tips if you care to give the rooftop a visit!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment