Monday, July 15, 2013

Shake Shack In The Rain

Screen Shot 2013-07-12 at 11.04.49 PM

I had planned a perfect night with Jared, my friend Suzanne and her date on Friday. It included Shake Shack, Madison Square Park and gathering along 23rd Street to see Manhattanhenge, an annual event where the sun aligns with the grid of Manhattan.

Then the rain came.

We huddled around our burgers and cheese fries (you must always get the cheese fries) as the rain fell around us. The clouds kept us from seeing any sunset, so Jared and I drowned our woes in gelato from Eataly. Although I certainly could have settled for a second round of cheese fries.

shakeshacktwo

details
more details

^^^We were so impressed by this man's eating-in-the-rain skills.^^^

Screen Shot 2013-07-12 at 11.05.13 PM

^^^The Orly Genger: Red, Yellow and Blue art installation in the park has more than 1.4 million feet of rope!^^^

shakehsackfive Screen Shot 2013-07-12 at 11.05.30 PM^^^Hot stuff.^^^

ss8

1 comment:

  1. Appreciating the commitment you put into your website and detailed
    information you offer. It's nice to come across a
    blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanted rehashed information. Excellent read!
    I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my
    Google account.

    ReplyDelete