Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Stress Tip: Lavender Oil

lavender oilThe first half of 2013 was a bit crazy for me. It was my first New York City winter (that wind!) and I was juggling my full-time graduate school schedule with an internship, something few in my program do during the second semester. My stress was through the roof.

By the time spring break came around at the end of March, I needed a little break from the city and my chaotic schedule, so I headed to Colorado for a week. There, my mom handed me a small bottle of lavender oil and an oil diffuser as a means of battling my stress.

It turns out that lavender has been proven to help reduce stress levels. Results from a study in Florida revealed that lavender oil lowered pulse rates and decreased anxiety in nursing students who were taking difficult exams. It's also been shown to ease depression, reduce insomnia and more.

Since my mother gifted me my own small bottle of lavender oil, I find myself placing a few drops of the oil in the diffuser while I'm getting ready in the morning. If it's a particularly busy day, I'll rub some oil on my hands, then run my hands through my hair and across my face.

diffuser

oil diffuser

Have you ever tried lavender oil to ease stress? I'd love to hear what you do to ease stress in your life!

2 comments:

  1. [...] found a new use for lavender oil. Not only is it great to ease stress, but it’s a miracle worker for burn relief, [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right here is the right web site for anybody who wishes to understand this topic.

    You understand a replacement whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a new spin on a topic which has been discussed for a long
    time. Wonderful stuff, just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete